hello, hello! awhile back, loren tagged me for the back to school tag, and i finally decided to stop being lazy and do it. thanks for tagging me!
thank the person who tagged you
answer the questions
post new questions (or use the same ones)
tag as many people as you want.
wear something old, something borrowed, something new, and something blue. (i actually sort of followed this. i’m wearing my brother’s old school shirt, which has blue on it, so there’s the old, borrowed, and blue- and then for the new… *goes upstairs to put on new earrings* *realizes upstairs is too far*
don’t die. (and i’m sorry, but this made me crack up- i just had to add loren’s line in here: death is terrible for the complexion, dearie.)
now, the questions!
1) when’s your first day of school?
it was a while ago…august 16.
2) what do (and don’t) you look forward to about entering the realm of the dead? uh, i mean the learned?
haha. i guess i’m interested in seeing how what i’m learning now pays off towards a future career. aka proving my teachers wrong because, no i will not need to know what jimmy’s profit is if he sells forty apples for 70 cents each.
3) homeschooled, public schooled, or private schooled?
4) what grade are you going into? (if you’re okay sharing)
i’m currently in 8th grade.
5) how many more years
of torture do you have to endure learn?
*counts on fingers* 8, counting college. sigh.
6) what are your goals for this school year?
move up to team(the next level) in gymnastics. i’m the oldest one in my current gymnastics class and it feels so weird.
7) what’s your favorite season to school in? fall, winter, or spring?
honestly, they’re all terrible. but probably winter because NO GYM CLASS.
8) how is schooling going to effect your blogging?
as you can probably tell, i post a lot less during the school year because i have tons of homework, but i still do things on the weekends.
9) what’s your favorite school subject?
reading/writing. my teachers are always so nice and i read so many good books. or band, because MUSIC.
10) your least favorite?
i usually don’t mind it, but this year is going to suck because the only sport i’m good at- soccer-is the ONLY ONE THAT WE’RE NOT DOING IN GYM CLASS THIS YEAR. i’m just going to be that girl who’s like, umm, gross, sports.
i caught the ball once (yes, only once) during a flag football game and i was so amazed that i just stood there, and then my teammates yelled, “RUN!” but i didn’t know where to go. sighhhh. future NFL star right here, kids.
(after that game my friend told me it was painful to watch me play. XD)
11) what subject are you best at?
math or spanish. (but that’s only because spanish is easy.) people think i spend 5 hours studying spanish vocab lists, but in reality i don’t think i’ve ever touched those outside of when i’m required to at school.
12) what subject are you worst at?
i think my paragraph about gym sums that up…
13) what extra-curricular activities are you planning this year (if any)?
gymnastics, soccer, and track in the spring. i can’t WAIT.
14) how are you preparing for life/college this year (on a conscious level)?
i’m finding the volume of weird shapes, because that’s going to help me become an author.
jk, i’m not doing anything really.
15) do you play any sports in school?
16) is there any way that schooling is going to help your blogging endeavors? or how has it helped your blogging skillz in the past?
being good at reading and writing in school has always helped me be a good writer.
17) how much time a day is school going to take for you?
*counts on fingers again* about 7 hours.
18) are you looking forward to seeing friends more often during the school year?
yeah, i love my weirdos. ❤
19) are you dreading or looking forward to the event (or did you, if it’s already happened)?
i was just kind of “eh” about school this year. i definitely was not looking forward to the amount of homework.
20) what are you most looking forward to about school?
TRACK SEASON. I WANT US TO BE DISTRICT CHAMPS AGAIN.
21) how are you planning to fit
actual life in with your school schedule?
take a break from schoolwork sometimes, get things done on weekends.
22) what are your overall thoughts on school?
school’s fine. i can tolerate it. but i don’t like how everything follows a format and has to be the same way. when i try to be a good writer, i end up not following the “formula” the teacher has mandated and then i get points off. i don’t like writing with a formula because it makes everything seem so unnatural, and i end up spending more time getting the formula right that the actual writing has no meaning.
edit: i just realized that I forgot to tag people. 🤦🏻♀️i tag anyone currently wearing a ponytail.
my questions: (some of these are repeats because i’m lazy)
- do you also hate how everything has to follow a formula at school?
- what’s your worst subject?
- which class do you currently have the highest grade/scores in?
- what’s your favorite part about school?
- what’s an everyday outfit choice for you for school? or do you have a uniform?
- how does school help you with blogging?
- have you ever been in the principal’s office/gotten in trouble at school?
- what’s something new that you want to do this year?
- when is your last day of school?
- quick, you’re going to be late for first period! what time does your bell to start school ring?
- if you’re homeschooled, do you like it? and if you’re in public/private school, do you wish you were homeschooled?
- write an incredibly detailed essay about cows. GO!
- any extra-curricular activities?
- what about sports?
- you got a day off from school- yay! what do you do?
- what grade are you in/going in to?
- do you have a favorite teacher? if so, why?
- do you like to listen to music while you work or does it distract you?
- do you take the bus?
- what are your thoughts on standardized testing?
love you all! have a wonderful day.
i know the world’s a broken bone, but melt your headaches, call it home.