hi everyone!! loren nominated me for the change award that gracie created, and i’m super excited to do it!
well rutvi if you were so excited why didn’t you do the tag when she tagged you instead of 56708457398 years later
here are the rules:
– link back to me, as well as whoever nominated you.
– include this: i, gracie chick of a light in the darkness, created this award to highlight the importance of young people taking responsibility for the future of their world. the change award also gives them the opportunity to share with others what they believe in.
– answer the questions below.
– nominate as many people as you like.
make a list of the things you want to change about schools.
- stop grading group projects as a whole. if one person doesn’t do their part, why should my grades drop?
- please don’t make sex ed so awkward for us. i’m begging you. it isn’t necessary to make us say….words aloud as a class. we know how to say them, we promise.
- make polar bear running an official sport!!! kids put hard work into running in the freezing weather!
- now, i understand why we have to take standardized tests for class placement and all. but WHY DO WE HAVE TO STANDARDIZED TESTS THAT DON’T EVEN DETERMINE PLACEMENT?
- s t o p m a k i n g p o i n t l e s s r u l e s
- WHY DO GIRLS HAVE SUCH A STRICT DRESS CODE?? PUH-LEASE, SOME PEOPLE DON’T EVEN WANT TO TALK AT US, MUCH LESS STARE AT OUR LEGS. STOP LETTING GUYS SAG THEIR PANTS DOWN TO THEIR KNEES AND FORCING GIRLS TO WEAR BERMUDA SHORTS, PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
make a list of the things you want to change about local communities.
- this isn’t that big of a deal, but please make girl scout cookies less expensive. $30 for 6 boxes is insane.
- adults, don’t keep asking middle school kids if they know what they want to be when they’re older. it puts a lot of pressure on us, and the majority of us still have no idea what we want our future occupation to be.
- @adults again, stop saying “this generation” this and “this generation” that. who raised our generation? your generation. and what is so wrong with us?? technology was made to impact the world. and we don’t just sit around like brainless zombies, contrary to popular belief.
make a list of the things you want to change about the world, your world.
- the media is trying to change beauty standards, but they’re doing it the wrong way. they say people should love themselves EVEN THOUGH/DESPITE *insert “flaw” here*. example: oh, i guess i’m pretty, EVEN THOUGH i’m a size 14. NONONONO STOP RIGHT THERE HUNNY. THAT IS NOT SELF LOVE OR BODY POSITIVITY OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT. change that ‘even though’ to BECAUSE. you are beautiful BECAUSE you are a size 14. there we go, that’s better.
- people have to stop saying “that’s gay” TO THINGS THAT AREN’T EVEN REMOTELY ABOUT LGBTQ+ STUFF.
- please give us a new president. enough said.
- g u n l a w s. please change them. guns aren’t necessary.
i hope i did this right. i wasn’t sure how to organize some of the things i had to say or which category to put them in, so i just kind of guessed.
mcckenna @alternate galaxy
i’m running out of people, so anyone who’s wearing red right now, consider yourself tagged!
**disclaimer** this post was not made to offend anyone, so i’m truly sorry if you are offended. if you don’t agree with some things i mentioned, kindly say so, but if you can’t, then there’s a very useful button called “close tab”.
much love to all of you. ❤